What exactly is Mahala?
Mahala.ms allows people between the ages of 8 - 24 to sign up for Office 365. Through this portal you will be able to activate Microsoft licenses for the Microsoft Office 365 suite and 5TB OneDrive cloud-based storage services free of charge. It is obtained through signing up at https://mahala.ms/signup/
How does this change my life?
It means free Office across all devices if you are between 8 - 24. You, or if you are parents, your kids can use all the Microsoft Office apps you know and love across all your favourite devices. You can get Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and Excel and use them on their PC or MAC, Mobile Phone or Tablet. How is that!
How to go about getting this offer
- Go to https://mahala.ms/signup/ on your computer or mobile phone.
- Scroll down to register & complete all the fields.
- When choosing a password, ensure it is between 8 – 16 characters and contains letters, numbers and symbols.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, tick the box indicating you have, and that someone older than 18 has completed or assisted in registration.
- For security reasons, tick the “I’m not a robot” reCAPTCHA.
- Click “SIGN ME UP”
- You’ll receive your welcome email to your Personal Email Inbox, with your Mahala.ms username and password.
Use these details to get your copy of Office and OneDrive.
- The email contains links to the Mobile Apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. You can also download them directly from your phones App Store.
- Windows and Mac users can log into http://portal.office.com and click “Install Office365 to get the Desktop & Laptop versions of Office and OneDrive.
What happens if my subscription ends or Cancelled?
If your subscription ends—either because it expires, or because you decide to cancel—your access to Office 365 services, applications, and customer data go through multiple states before the subscription is fully turned off, or deprovisioned. If you are aware of this progression, you'll be better equipped to return your subscription to an active state before it's too late, or—if you're leaving Office 365—back up your data before it is ultimately deleted.